Delicious savoury pancake.
Basic Batter Recipe
- 4oz (100g) Plain Flour
- 1/2 Pint (250ml) Milk
- 1 Standard egg Size 2
- Pinch of Salt (half teaspoon)
- 300g Wensleydale and cranberry cheese
- 200g Cream cheese
- 100ml Single cream
- 50g Icing sugar
- 3 tblesp Vanilla syrup
- 50g Chopped dried cranberries
- Crumble Wensleydale and cranberry cheese into bowl combine all other ingredients until creamy and light. Place in fridge.
Making the Batter
- Sieve the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Make a small hollow in the centre of the mixture and crack the egg onto flour.
- Begin to mix while gradually adding about one quarter of the milk.
- Continue to mix well until bubbles become visible in the mixture.
- Gradually pour in the remaining milk while continuing to mix (if it's a bit too thick - then add a little water.)
- Pour batter into a jug for easier pouring into pan.
Making the Pancakes
- Heat the frying pan, and place a small piece of lard/fat in the Centre. Allow this to melt and spread over the pan.
- Get the pan nice & hot and when the lard begins to smoke slightly, stir and pour in some of the batter - approx 30ml or 2 tablespoons, or enough to thinly cover the bottom of the pan (tilt the pan to help the batter spread evenly)
- Cook until nicely golden brown on the bottom. Flip the pancake cook the other side until nicely golden brown.
Filling the pancakes
- Place the pancake on plate put a line for the Wensleydale and cranberry mixture across the middle of the pancake then roll up. Repeat until all the pancakes are filled.
- Place in heat resistant dish and place under grill until hot.