JOIN OUR TEAM
We have been perfecting the art of traditional cheese making for over forty years though the recipes and methods go back much further – over 600 years in fact. We believe it’s the dedication to these time-honoured traditions that make Ford Farm Cheddars some of the finest in the world. We are always on the look out to recruit great people who have a passion for all things cheese. Located in rural Dorset a short distance from Dorchester and the World Heritage Jurassic Coast
CURRENT JOB VACANCIES
Based at Ashley Chase, Dorset
Due to an increase in workload we currently have a vacancy for a full time Production Supervisor in the ACE Packing department (42.5hrs per week January to June & 45 hours per week July to December)
Responsible for areas of production or stores and leadership of the teams within it.
To ensure the area is kept to a high standard and the teams working within it are working correctly to the company’s standard operating procedures (SOP’s). Ensuring the safe production, storage, receipt and dispatch of product within internal and external specifications and within critical control points (CCP’s). Responsible for delivering and improving area KPI’s and reporting to other departments. To help drive continuous improvements through team meetings and one to one communication within the teams
- Able to lead teams within specific areas to ensure production targets are met and KPI’s are recorded and reported accurately to areas within the business that need the feedback or data
- Using KPI information to drive continuous improvements in the area of responsibility to help teams work with better efficiency allowing them to reach the desired targets and help with business growth
- Continuously monitoring the area of responsibility to ensure it is safe for the personnel and for the product being produced, stored or transported. Any issues need to be reported in a timely manner to enable root-causes to be identified and resolved
- Manage team numbers to ensure correct levels of personnel are applied to each line or area. Manage leave requests and the requirement of holiday cover and manage absence using HR policies
- Responsible for the H&S of the team including near-miss reporting and safety culture
- Working with Quality team making sure line samples are being taken, CCP’s are carried out correctly and documented consistently and report back to teams on any QA communication with reference to failed product, customer complaints or audit requirements.
- Ensure all personnel receive the correct training and ensure further training is organised for those that require it. Any new staff or agency will require extra focus to ensure their application/introduction to the team is done correctly and the training requirements are planned in, carried out in a timely manner and recorded
For a full job description and to apply for this position via an application form please contact Robin Willsher
(either via email: email@example.com or via telephone: 01308 482580
Closing Date for applications: 5th September 2022
Based at Ashley Chase, Litton Cheney
We currently have a vacancy for a full time Warehouse Operator (45 hours).
To operate and monitor production equipment as per the company’s standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to achieve product that is within internal and external specifications.
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment
- Awareness of continuous improvement
- Food Hygiene – Level 2. Training will be given if not already held
- Forklift certificate
- Able to work in a role that has physical demands
- Basic numeracy and literacy to secondary education level
- Basic understanding of English language
- Manual Handling
For a full job description and to apply for this position via an application form please contact Simon Bowen (either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone: 01308 482580)
Closing Date for applications: 26/08/2022