To us, cheese is an integral part of any social gathering! If you're meeting up with friends or family in your garden, and you're getting the burgers on to the barbecue, don't forget the cheese!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 300g/10½oz lean steak mince
- 100g/3½oz chorizo skin removed and cut into small pieces
- 1 small handful flat-leaf parsley leaves finely chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 50g/1¾fl oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- 50g/1¾fl oz Oakwood Smoked Cheese sliced into 4 slices
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes, then add the garlic and then the paprika and stir in well. Add the tomato puree and stir in.
- In a large bowl mix together the mince, chorizo, parsley, egg and breadcrumbs. Add the onion mixture and mix together well. Season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 large burgers, or 8 small ones.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Gas 4. Heat the remaining olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Fry the burgers (in batches if needed) for 2–3 minutes on each side until just browned, then transfer to the oven and cook for a further 6 minutes. Remove from the oven, place a slice of cheddar on top of each burger, then return to the oven for 2–4 minutes until cooked as you like them.