A delicious take on a cheesy muffin!
- 275g/9￼￼¾oz self raising flour
- 100g/3½ oz Coastal cheddar grated
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- ½ butternut squash
- 3tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 100ml/3½fl oz vegetable oil
- 250ml/9fl oz milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases. Put the squash in a steamer and steam over a medium-high heat for 15 minutes until soft. Mash to a fairly smooth consistency.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and smoked paprika into a large mixing bowl and mix together well. Add in the cheese and mix in well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oil, eggs and milk and mix in thoroughly.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the egg mixture. Beat slowly with a wooden spoon to draw in the flours to make a smooth batter. Stir in the mashed squash and divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until well risen, golden brown and just firm to the touch, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and eat the muffins warm or transfer to a wire rack to cool.