Perfect for a light snack, our scones made with Ford Farm's own Cave Aged Cheddar is a firm favourite with all the family.
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- Pinch Salt
- 55g Butter
- 25g Cave Aged Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 150ml Milk
- Preheat oven to 200C/gas7. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Mix together the flour & salt and rub in the butter.
- Stir in the cheese and then the milk to get a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round 2cm thick. Use a 5cm cutter to stamp out rounds & place on the baking sheet. Lightly kead together the rest of the dough & stamp out more scones to use it all up.
- Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen & golden. Cool on a wire rack.